Microsoft has released its first security updates of 2021, which has fixes for 83 vulnerabilities in Microsoft products. Every month we will post our vulnerability score and tips around each patch released, to provide advice for IT professionals and businesses.
Out of the 83 patches, 10 are classed as critical and 73 are classed as important. There was 1 Zero-Day (CVE-2021-1647) and a publicly disclosed vulnerability (CVE-2021-1648) discovered this month.
Adobe has now gone EOL and implemented a block as of the 12th January. Microsoft have released KB4577586 which is classified as “Update” and optional to remove flash from Windows Systems.
Other companies who have released security updates this week:
- Adobe: numerous fixes for Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate and more.
- Android: January secuity updates were released last week.
- Apple: released iOS 12.5.1 on January 11th.
- Cisco: released security updates for the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software and Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) Software.
- SAP: released it’s January 2021 Security update.
All the patches can be found in the table below or alternatively downloaded here.
We have also curated a downloadable Patching Best Practice Guide.
About the Author: Lizzie Arcari
Lizzie joined Foundation IT in 2019 after graduating from University. She is excited to start her career in the IT industry, learning from the best.