There are many elements of your IT that you are likely to be considering migrating to the cloud including your data. As illustrated in our blog ‘Accelerate your digital transformation by embracing Managed IaaS’ companies, even in the early stages of their journey to Azure IaaS, are already seeing differentiated business results.
You may be considering file data migration, data warehouse migration, SQL database migration, NoSQL migration and so on.
Factors that may be influencing your decision to move your data:
There may be factors happening within your business that are motivating you to consider migrating your data to the Azure Cloud. It may be that it is time:
- to re-evaluate your IT infrastructure
- to refresh or renew your hardware
- to consolidate or even remove your datacentres
- to move from a Capex to Opex procurement
- to embrace cloud technologies to:
- be more agile
- improve infrastructure scaling (up and down)
- be faster at testing and deploying new technology as part of your digital transformation program.
Our customer journey infographic illustrates the compelling factors influencing moving your data to Azure Cloud with Foundation IT including what’s happening in the industry, how Cloud can help you, where to start and why you should consider Azure from Foundation IT.
You’ll need the right tools and skills to move your data:
To move your data, you’ll need the right assessment and migration tools and the right skills and expertise to effectively migrate to Azure Cloud. Once the migration has commenced and been completed, you’ll then need the right processes, tools and skills to manage the new environment.
To make your move it is important to know what is communicating and connected together. Your assessment will need to consider migration costs and potential cost savings.
Put Cloud to the test with one of our simple first steps to Azure adoption offers; Cloud backup and restore proof of concept.
Backup and restore your data to Azure Cloud with our free proof of concept offer:
Foundation IT’s cloud backup and restore proof of concept gives you the opportunity to protect up to 5 physical, virtual or cloud-based workloads on Azure for 1 month free of charge.
With our proof of concept, we will:
- Setup Azure Tenant
- Nominate and protect up to 5 workloads using Azure Backup
- Simulate the restore of machines, folders and individual files
- Report on backup performance, RTO and RPO’s
- Provide commercial analysis on Azure Backup for wider estate
As a result, you will then get:
- A tested and operational, cloud-based, backup service
- An understanding of backup and recovery performance in Azure
- The supporting information to compile a business case for wider adoption
So, why should you take advantage of our proof of concept?
- Remove Tape and/or separation of short and long-term data retention platforms
- Have a secure offsite location for backup
- Removes secondary backup locations
- Consolidates infrastructure and storage platforms
- Enhances ransomware protection
- Gives you an opportunity to experiment with Azure services
In addition to offering a cloud backup and restore proof of concept we also have two other first-step to cloud adoption offers. For more detail see our offers page.
If we can help you or you would like to discuss moving your data to Azure cloud please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Infographic Download – Move Your Data To The Cloud
Download our infographic & subscribe to our blog
In submitting you agree to our contact terms & conditions