2nd or 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for an eager Infrastructure Engineer to join a mid-sized provider of IT Infrastructure Managed Services. Due to rapid growth we are looking to add ambitious, experienced 2nd and 3rd line infrastructure engineers to our existing Managed Service Support team.
This role will also take an active part in delivering client projects, technical consulting functions, customer and internal reporting and associated admin required to deliver customer service excellence. Varied working patterns, on-call and some site visits should be expected. Clients include multinational financial services companies, banks and retail household names.
- Act as an escalation point for technical issues, resolving assigned cases in a timely fashion in line with SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Taking complete ownership of assigned cases throughout the lifecycle of the support requirement.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other team members.
- Ensure that all support customer calls and incidents are handled effectively with regular client communication conducted throughout.
- React to alerts from monitoring systems within SLA.
- Ensure that all customer systems are patched and operating optimally.
- Directly deliver solutions to customer problems and, where necessary, organise the appropriate resource to deliver solutions in the fastest time possible.
- Liaise with the consultancy team to provide rapid solutions to customer and internal problems.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to ensure timely delivery of solutions and installation of replacement equipment to meet our SLA commitments to clients.
- Be part of the virtual team that leads on our ongoing client engagements
- Engage with clients
- Initiate and collaborate with other consulting specialists and Subject Matter Experts
- Completion of all task that are assigned in line with the project plan
Ideal applicants will have a previous customer support background within a Managed Services environment, strong attention to detail and very high standards. Applications from candidates currently working in internal IT departments are also welcomed.
- The successful candidate will: Understand the importance of delivering not just a fix but the right fix, be able to tell the difference and articulate that to our clients
- Have strong written and oral communication skills with colleagues and customers, good telephone manner
- Self-starter, initiative-taker and promoter of continual improvement
- Posses the ability to manage and prioritise personal workloads
Relevant experience in the following technologies is required:
- VMware ESXi & vSphere from 4.0 to 6.5
- VMware SRM and Horizon View
- HyperV & VMM from 2012 to 2016
- Windows Server from 2003 to 2016
- Active Directory, Group Policy & Exchange from 2010 up to 2016
- Server hardware architectures and systems
- Scripting – PowerShell or similar
- Monitoring suites – SolarWinds, SCOM, Nagios, Zabbix or similar
- VMware View
- Remote Desktop Farms
- Veeam, EVault, Arcserve, BackupExec or similar
- Storage architectures and systems – DAS, NAS, SAN (iSCSI & FC)
- Firewalls, routers, load balancers, switches across a variety of vendors
- ITIL v3
Foundation IT are a growing managed service provider with a well-established reputation in the following areas:
- Server, Storage, Networking
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Virtualisation and VDI
- Cloud Services
We have a professional collaborative, hands-on and fun working style that delivers quality services to clients and makes FiT an enjoyable place to work.
People are at the heart of everything we do; investing in their personal and professional development is important to us and key to building healthy, long lasting relationships as a group and with our clients and partners.
Our clients include multinational financial services companies – insurance, investment, retail banking – as well as household names in retail, leisure and many more in-between.
We offer competitive salary and benefits for the appropriate candidate as well as a commitment to training and professional development.
Benefits include: Private Medical Insurance, 25 days leave, Contributory Pension Scheme, Death in Service Cover.
Does your personal and professional profile fit? If so, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering paragraph that explains why you feel Foundation IT is a progressive and long term next step for you.